Thursday, July 29, 2010

New Favorite Color (well new to me)


Hi,
Well today is such a special day... Why you ask? On today's date in 1928 Mickey Mouse was born!!Walt Disney's first Mickey Mouse cartoon "Steamboat Willie" was released. (Thanks Frances and Historyorb.com) As you can see I am a pretty big Disney freak so this was the day way back in history that started it all. My favorite Walt Disney quote, "I hope we never lose sight of one thing, that is was all started by a mouse". Pretty amazing to think of it that way. Well enough of the history lesson and my Disney obsession.... Today's card was so much fun! I am loving the new colors (well old returning In colors) but they are all new to me since I wasn't around for them. I love Pacific Point. It is rich and versatile, I am using it all over the place!! Here are the supplies for this card:
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Sahara Sand, Very Vanilla, Blueberry Crisp DSP (pg. 174)
Stamp Set(s): Artistic Etchings (pg. 125)
Ink: Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy, Sahara Sand
Accessories: Very Vanilla 1/4" Grosgrain ribbon (pg. 191), Clear Mount Blocks (pg. 192), Basic Rhinestones (pg. 188).
Well I hope you enjoy it, I think I am going to make a few more and use them as thank you cards. Tomorrow's card will feature another of my new favorites, and as a hint it really is a new color!! Have a great day!!
Candi

3 comments:

  1. I agree Pacific Blue is a great color. I like the layout of your card, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice you did a great job tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so in love with this stamp set! You did a wonderful job with it. Thanks for inviting me to your site!
    I am now a follower!
    www.stampingcharm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete