Wednesday, December 8, 2010





Hi all!!! I have been MIA for a while and I'm sorry but I have been super busy with work (the job that allows me to buy my stamping stuff) and with Stampin' Up stuff, so it has been exciting!!! I hope everyone is well and you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We did, and then we did a shopping marathon starting at 1:30am the Friday after Thanksgiving. It was fun though!! Well today is a special day, it's my Mom's Birthday!!! Happy Birthday to my very, very wonderful Mom!! I love you and wouldn't be who I am today without you (and Dad). So in honor of my Mom I made the card you see pictured. She saw a trifold shutter card I had made at card club and she loved it, was just amazed by how it folded up and was in awe, so I filed away that I had to make one of those for her for her birthday! So here is the card I made and here are all the details:
Cardstock: Rose Red, River Rock, Very Vanilla, Night of Navy
Stamp Sets: Cottage Garden (pg. 107), On Your Birthday ( pg. 153), En Francis (pg. 142)
Ink: Rose Red, Pumpkin Pie, Versa Mark
Accessories: Sweet and Sour Designer Series Paper (pg. 172), Heat Tool (pg. 196), Snail Adhesive (pg. 197).
Not much too the supplies, but I liked the idea of stamping the background stamp on the Rose Red so it was all scripty and pretty. I didn't' want to make the papers too busy so keeping the smaller pieces small with the background stamp worked really well. A special thanks to Frances (my upline) for all the measurements and details on how to make the shutter card!! It was so much easier than I thought it would be. I won't overwhelm you my first post back, but I have tons of stuff to share so please, please come back tomorrow, I promise you will see something new!!!
Have a great day!!

TTFN
Candi

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. I'm sure your mom loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! I am now following you via Stampin Connection.

    ReplyDelete